A must have in your kitchen for the days when you know snacking will be inevitable. Adapted from Persiana, a relatively recent book I am eager to work my way through!
- 100 g shelled pistachios
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 300 g feta cheese
- handful of dill, leaves picked and roughly chopped (optional)
- 2 handfuls of cilantro, leaved picked and roughly chopped
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and crushed
- 1 long red chili (of medium heat), roughly chopped
- 3 large tbsp Greek yogurt
- zest of 1 lemon and juice of 1/2 lemon
- sea salt (optional)
- Blitz pistachios and oil in a food processor for 30 seconds.
- Add feta, herbs, crushed garlic, chili, yogurt and lemon zest and juice. Blitz for another minute or until mixture has a rustic texture.
- Taste the dip and season with just a touch of sea salt, if desired.
- Serve with Eastern-Style Foccacia or your favorite bread.
- Make sure no lemon seeds get blitzed. It adds a bitter taste.
- I've skipped dill and used dried red pepper flakes, and it still tastes great.
- Taste the dip before you add salt. Feta is a salty cheese and you may not need to add salt.
- The book recommends serving this with Eastern-Style Foccacia, but your favorite bread will also do!
If you have a favorite recipe you want to share with our community, email it to us so that we can test it and publish it!